Saturday, April 08, 2006

Taking 4 Alevert a Day

Loratadine (Alevert) has not been helpful in its recommended dosage of 10 mg per day (one 24-hour tablet), so I have gradually stepped it up to 4 per day. I would not recommend this for most people, but I seem to have a high tolerance for its side-effects (mainly drowsiness when taken in such high dosages). So I now take 2 at around 10 AM and 2 more around noon, and it now seems to be helping to decrease the CU episodes and the severity of each a little bit, though I do start to drag a little starting at around 4 PM. Still not satisfied, though, as the attacks keep coming, and if I were exerting myself at all I'm sure they would be just as explosive. Getting ready to try Reactine (ZYRTEC) (ceretizine), and am anxious to see if there is an even greate improvement. Ceretizine seems to be the antihistamine of choice for many CU sufferers, though it remains to be seen how it will effect me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home