Friday, April 14, 2006

Now Nightly Attacks

had another attack last night while drifting off to sleep. got to the freezer/ice quickly enough that i cut it off before it got really out of control. so maybe this will be a nightly thing now. I guess I'm now realizing how beneficial the antihistamines were for me, though I thought them useless. Either that or the suddenly warmer weather is simply aggrivating my condition. So I've got the AC ramped up so high that I'm either freezing at night or I'm breaking out in hives...can't find that happy middle-ground. Van't wait to get my hands on the meds. I'm hoping he'll hook me up with steroids like prednisone or something like atarax (hydroxyzine) in combination with zyrtec so we can put this thing to rest. I don't mind the drowsy side-effects at this point...I just want to resume my life.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff, I've been dealing with hive break outs since about Dec, 2005. Although it does not sound like it is exactly like yours I definitely can sympathize. My attacks come consistantly at night. After about 3 - 4 months I needed antihistamines just to keep things sort of under control. I am currently taking 20 mg of centrizine twice a day (morning and night). It seems to help...maybe. I also went the alergest route. He placed me on an "elimination diet" for 2 weeks (basically rice, lamb, asparagus, pinapple juse, peach juice, cranberry juice, and one or two other items; NOTHING ELSE). The diet pretty well eliminated allergies as a possibility.
In my case it does not matter whether I am at home, sleeping, or awake. The hives start close to midnight and are typically gone by lunch time.

Anyway, good luck. I may drop by to see how things are going.
Merlin.

4:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jeff, I have been having hive breakout starting around 10:00pm every night till the next morning. It seems to be spreading more and more. Mine started about two to three weeks ago. My father have also been having hive breakouts for the last three months. I am starting to think that it might be related to the change in laundry detergent. I have read in a recent article from Body and Soul magazine that a few main brand detergents have chemicals that can cause "wheals" which is also the same as hives. I'll give you an update on what type of detergent we use. Take care.

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home